Tuesday, December 29, 2009

From the OBX via the Kite Forum:

I recently had a chance to test the Renegade 11m in what I had hoped would be a low end test. I am about 210 lbs with gear on and the wind was blowing 15-17mph when I rigged up. Unfortunately I ended up testing the high end wind range. As soon as I got on the water the wind increased to a solid 22+ mph with gust up to upper 20's low 30's. Honestly I did not know the wind was blowing this hard while on the water. The kite handled the high winds beautifully and all I needed to do was depower the kite slightly. Had some very nice jumps on the kite in the high winds and was pleasantly surprised at the height and hang time. Kite remained very stable with the gusts coming through and bar pressure never felt like it was to much. A little flutter in the kite when I dived it but this was probably from the fact that I had the kite depowered. Overall was impressed that this kite could easily handle winds into the upper 20's for me. Now if I can ride it in 14-16mph winds and it works this could be an amazing kite for me. One kite that covers 14 to 28 mph comfortably would be a huge plus to my quiver.

Nice job Dimitri and company! :thumb: