Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Epic has landed in Australia!
Thanks to Tony from Ral Kiteboarding for getting the kites to Sydney before Christmas.
No thanks to the weather for a miserable Christmas with no wind and new kites !

Well yesterday was my first chance to try the Epic Ltd Ed Screamer. I was only able to get out for a short afternoon session in light wind conditions. (11-14kts) Hence this will be a brief report only.

First impressions, the 10m Ltd Ed is definitely a powerful kite for it's size.
I was able to jump with some good height and was also able to easily going upwind in the sketchy conditions on my 129x38 Nobile 666.
There were only 5 of us at our local as the conditions were not great. Most had 12 or 13 metre kites and bigger boards. I was only able to ride for 1 hour from 6pm.

I can confim the following about the Screamer:
* Bomber construction with well thought out features
* So many points of protection and reinforcements without making the kite heavy
* Stable and predictable flight
* Light to medium Bar Pressure on the factory settings.
* Lofty jumps and good hangtime even in the light conditions.
* Kite felt familiar and allowed me to feel comfortable on my first flight.

First impressions are good and I hope to report more back soon.
A fellow rider who initially questioned my choice of size when I arrived was impressed enough with the flight characteristics from shore that he approached me to confirm the kite size. His comments "I was suprised at how powerful your 10 was". So was I.

I should have more to report in the next few days as conditions improve.

Rider - 75kgs wet with 129x38 board