Tuesday, February 2, 2010

from San Diego

Who was at the Jupiter event? I heard Dimitri almost won the big air contest and it was down to the last few seconds! Who has details? What size kite was he on? Was he really the oldest man in the bunch? ;)

Nice work on second Dimitri!

(and now for something completely different)

Had a very lightwind session on my 14m Screamer. I love this kite more and more each session. It was extremely light out and no one was staying upwind, neither was I, but I was able to unhook and pull off a lot of moves and a few jumps that I never would have believed in that kind of wind. The Screamer is just so stable in lightwind!

A friend who flew Thrusters got to go back to back on the 16m Thruster and my 14m Screamer. He didn't want to give my kite back and bought one the next day!

The 14m Screamer has easily the same low-end at the 16m Thruster and I have no worries that this kite can replace my old standby. I'm liking the Screamer even better in light stuff since it's got more power in the turns and is overall more stable.

I also got to test the water relaunch in very light wind. I seriously thought I'd be swimming in as did the peanut gallery on the beach, the wind was below 10mph. Pulled one outside line and the kite rolled right over and took off! No fuss, no issues, amazing! There wasn't even enough wind to get planing back to the beac