Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A view on safety:

Hi Dimitri

Good luck with your new kite company!

I think you are in a unique position to take the sport forward.
First of all you are a "mature/older" rider... no offence.....
What I mean is father of two and old compared to most other team riders.

With your new brand I think you are in a great position to introduce safety products into the sport and make them COOL and MAINSTREAM.
This has happened in many other sports.
For motorbikes it is compulsory to have helmets for example. I know it's a different sport.
Anyway what I am saying is that I think there is a big segment of the kiters out there that would jump on cool signature Dimirti safety gear.
I think that it is also more than acceptable to kite with and without this gear.
Look at it this way.... If you wear the safety gear when you do the stunts you will highlight the stunt and put it in the right light, you can then also shoot some soul session stuff showing the other side of the sport.

I tell you one thing... if I was a helmet company I would jump on the opportunity of investing in a company like yours. There are several helmet companies that are very large and may be a good partner!

If you do get into the safety product thing I would like to help in any way I can.

Anyway good luck with everything.

Will I soon be seeing Traig Trumbo flying your new kites?

He is a real fixture here in the Malibu and LA area.

Cheers

Fred