Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here is some reviews from our friends up in Bellingham.

I have been able to get out on the Epic Renegade 9m, and the Screamer 9m and 12m.

I made a video yesterday of the 12m and 9m in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaKgUhffThI 12m Screamer 20mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtWJSd99jM 9m Screamer 25mph

(Note, I am no Dimitri, and weigh in at about 220lbs)


Several others have been out too, and the feedback has been nothing but positive on the kite, even from the most critical riders. The screamers have similar jumping characteristics to the thruster, but with better hang, and a softer landing. Turning speed also seems very similar to the Thruster as well. the two biggest differences I see from the thruster is that the Screamer is more stable in strong gusty winds, and it seems to be easier to relaunch.

Not joking when I say that everyone who has tried it (except for a devout C-kite rider) wants to get one or more.

I spend only about 10 minutes on the Renegade, but to me, it seemed like the 2009 nano, except more solid in the air. Relaunch was easy, bar pressure light/moderate and it was more responsive than another "delta" kite that I flew back to back. Low end power seemed higher on the Renegade, but honestly both the 9m Renegade and Screamer had enough power to get me going upwind as the wind was dying. The difference is that the Renegade seemed to pull right from the get go, wheras the Screamer seemed to develop more power with more board speed.


Below are reveiws that were sent to me after riding the screamers.

#1 Major approval of the Epic, stable and turns fast like a Thruster.
I'll have to be adding the 9m to the collection of random kites in my
garage. T said the 12m was also lots of fun, looking forward to that
one next time.
B


#2 Definitely a thumbs up for the Screamer. I rode the 12m yesterday at
both ends of the spectrum. It was super stable and easy to handle at
28mph and still had enough pull to keep planning in the mid teens at
the end. I think Andy described it best by saying that it's a blend of
the best characteristics of an 09 Thruster mixed with an 09 Rise.
-Perfect turning speed, both initiation and across the window
-Very stable in the gusts with very little movement unlike the
Thruster.
-Very backstall resistant (the kite will deform well before it
backstalls giving plenty of notice, however, if properly trimmed you
won't even get that)
-GREAT jumping kite with incredible hangtime and soft landing (only
problem is that it loops with very little input and somtimes without
even knowing it :) but that's my problem, not the kite.
-The kite moves way forward in the window with agressive edging making
for stellar upwind performance.
-Easy relaunch when well powered (didn't get to try it in the lighter
winds)
-Lots of depower with a relatively short bar thow
-Construction and build quality second to none. Very nicely made.

I'm definitely sold on it, and that's after years of riding Best.
Andy, it's ALMOST as nice as a Nemi HP!!!
(it's actualy better, but I can't admit that to Andy)
Looking forward to trying the 9m

T


You can check out more footage as we get it put together at www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com

Thanks,

Andy