Friday, November 13, 2009

Norris Hill, Norris, MT 11/13/2009





What a day. Blue skies, 12+ inches of fresh pow., killer terrain, great winds, good friends, and of course the new EPIC 14m Screamer and 11m Renegade to top it all off.

Several friends showed up riding 12m Ozone’s. Having to show that LEI’s are just as capable, I busted out the 11m Renegade. I was a little underpowered but still able to climb the steep hills, glide and boost with ease. The stability and the relaunch of the kite were amazing. After getting used to the new kites they handled the variations in wind from terrain great.

Being my 2 time out since knee surgery I can’t complain one bit. With winds of 17-25mph and gusts up to 27mph I was amazed I held out for 2hrs. At that point it was time to sit in the snow and take some pics.

Rhett took out the new EPIC 14m Screamer and was throwing down some great boosts. He said that the kite handled great in the winds. He never felt over powered and thought that the kite floated amazingly.

I was never able to get out today on the 14m Screamer since my knee was done for by then, but I am hoping to get out in the next day or two and give it a try.