Thursday, November 19, 2009

This is from a rider out in the OBX:

“What can I say, the kite fits like a great pair of shoes or gloves..The Renegade 9m was a very fast turning kite, had a lot of steady pull, and was the easiest kite that I have ever re-launched in all my 10 years of kiting..I fill that the Renegade, (in my personal opinion), will be the best all-round kite for anyone who is getting into kiteboarding for the very first time...It is very simple to use, easy to re-launch, very nice “safety system”, and very simple to “set-up” right out of the bag...I have very short arms, and it was hard for me to reach the “trim strap” when I had the kite in my hands for the first time...I was shown that could be made shorter with just a simple adjustment on the “chicken loop line”...Very fast and very simple to do, but the system does come standard from the factory, so you will have to adjust it to your riding style...I also like the “one bar” fits both kites, any size, from 6m to 14m...45cm to 55cm....That to was a very simple adjustment, even with someone holding the kite, you can change them in seconds...So My over all rating of this Kite, from 1 to 5, 5 being the best, and 1 being the worst...I am going to give it a 4 1/2...The reason it is not a 5, because I think that there could be some improvements down the road, even if they are just simple things...No one has a prefect kite on the market, if they did, then everyone would being riding that Kite Company...To be continue, after I get to ride the “Screamer”...