Thursday, November 7, 2013

Frenchie's Honest Opinion

Here is my experience with Epic Kites, take it as it is, with absolutely no hidden agenda:

Last night, I flicked Dimitri an email to get his objective / un-biaised view on the main differences between the Fat Lady and Infinity v3.
I have seen the FL and Infinity v3 in action at the same time but with my intermediate level, could not tell the difference, especially in terms of performance.
I emailed the man as I saw in a post that Dimitri also tried the Fat Lady, and also because there is not much other literature, comparisons on kiteboarding forums. I asked him for a genuine favour in taking his Epic kites hat off and give me a honest feedback.
Surprisingly, he gave me his phone number (quicker over a phone chat) and I called him ... to realize he speaks French as fluently as I do ... how funny.

Anyways, we had a good chat and I am now clearer on the main features / differences of the 2 kites. We also talked about the level of warranty and support offered by Epic Kites and what to expect from a 'family & friends' business.
Dimitri also gave me valuable tips to make my Infinity v3 demo time as enjoyable as possible (I have next to no experience in light wind conditions).

Bottom line is really the fact that Dimitri takes the time to speak to his (potential) customers and genuinely answer questions. He shows a great deal of flexibility and is highly customer centric!
He carries many different hats: business man, customer service, technical advisor, etc.. ; so in the end, you get the full picture in 1 go!

I am also speaking with his Australian dealer - East Coast Kitesurfing - and Nigel is of the same caliber as Dimitri.

Again Dimitri, thanks for the chat today and I hope you got on time to pick up your favorite son from school !

Cheers, Fred