Tuesday, July 19, 2011

chippi's post

The infinity is ridiculous. Dimitri better have an ironclad patent on this kite. Yesterday in CT, I was standing on the beach watching my girlfriend (5'7", 1**lbs) having fun kiting with my 16m LF havoc (no depower) in 13-14mph winds. Then Phil Burke from Kitewise.com was kind enough to let me try out the infinity. I went out when the 14m's and 16m's were coming back in. I was kiting 95% depowered for the whole session on a crazyfly allround 138cm and I'm 210lbs. It took some time to get used to a kite moving that fast and pulling so hard at 12 o'clock in light wind, but I got over that when my first boost with the infinity was easily twice as high as I expected. After that, I was sold and I'm currently trying to pick up the first infinity I can find. Is it too powerful? I can think about the answer to that the next time I'm the only one out on the water.