Sunday, March 7, 2010

bomb proof!!!!

Hello Dimitri,

BOMBER!!!! Epic kites are definitely bomb proof. We finally got a nice
windy day today here in SF. I started out on the 10 LE Screamer. Sick
kite, crazy stable and dependable. I was way out on the outside when I
got drilled by a solid 8-10 foot wave. I came up from the first
pounding just in time to see the kite hit the water and get slammed by
the wave. It dragged me for a bit and then I came up and started to
relaunch. Just before it launched, it gets hit by another solid 6-8
footer and I get dragged again. This repeats another 3 or 4 times
before I release the chicken loop. It was kind of gnarly out there
today. After releasing, I let it pull me in by the leash until the
waves let up a bit. I finally got my hands back on the bar and
relaunched unhooked. I'm then dragging in holding the open chicken
loop until I hit the beach and put it on its edge to re-latch the
chicken loop and relaunch before heading out for more. It was probably
blowing 17-28 out there and I was definitely over powered on the 10. I
went in and had some lunch and then went back out on the 6m Renegade
as the wind had filled in and was a solid 24-35 or so. I was super lit
on the 6 and caught some bombs. Double overhead on a few and intense,
grinding waves. VERY impressed with how the kites fly and perform but
even more impressed by the bomb proof construction. Put to the test
today for sure!! I'm stoked to be part of the team and flying Epic.
Thanks Dimitri.

Mike Kramer