Monday, March 18, 2013

New Infinity V2

Today was the first day I got to fly my Infinity V2. I demoed Dimitri's kite just after Christmas and this was the first chance I have had to fly mine. I flew it for 8 hours today (and have all the soreness to show for it). This morning I got to fly some enjoyable light wind (8 to 10 kts with few holes) and then this afternoon right up to the line of being overpowered for a few hours this afternoon (15 to 18kts). I am at Dauphin Island AL, so you can check wind alert for today to verify my wind estimates. I don't want to re-hash my earlier review, but I did want to say that I was very impressed at the range the kite had, and I was very surprised that I was still able to fly it this afternoon. I had no problem staying up wind in 15+ knots. Of course, had there been 15kts when I got there, I probably would have inflated another kite, but it was cool to see and I had a great time.  

This is a really good light wind kite, and I have a full day of enjoyment to show for it. I am not saying it is any better or any worse than any other kite. I am sure there are many good light wind kites out there, but I can say for sure that this one gets the job done.