Monday, March 19, 2012

Bob - A future customer

Howdy Ho - Dimitri:

Just to let you know, and I realize that you've heard this more than you care to think about, however today I finally had a chance to see one of your kites in action. It was a 14 metre screamer, last years model, and actually the guy that owned it was doing very high jumps in 10 to 12 MPH winds (est only and could have been lower) - although he was about 130 lbs it was more than impressive. When I pulled up he was just getting suited up and I pumped a lot of questions his why starting with, do you really expect to kite in this low wind. He was more than impressed with the kite and had nothing but positive comments. I had a chance to get a good look at the kite and couldn't believe he was actually going up wind - against a heavy current.
There is no question that my Cabrinha 14 - switchblade would not have pulled me upwind even with a large board. I really doubt that I would have been able to kite actually.

I am certainly hoping to get rid of my Cabs and switch over to Epic, and this is without riding them. It actually is surprising that there are nay sayers on the forums with accusations of pimping and negativity. At the very least your kites are well made, well thought out, jump like there's no tomorrow and service is second to none. "What the hell more could anyone want".
Anyway hoping to purchase in the next couple of weeks. Will probably go with a 9 - 12 screamer ---- or maybe the 10 LTD and the Infinity - will be waiting to see how much equipment I can sell then figure it out from there. I like the idea of the 10 LTD ---- oh well lots to figure out but I'm sure that whatever I end up with will keep me happy.
Again thanks for you input it is very much appreciated.

Bob